First cover by Phil Foglio!
- Editorial notes that although the letters column has been revived, it’s already in serious doubt of continuing due to lack of submissions
- Not a lot of D&D in this one – lots of Gamma World and other stuff
- Gygax discusses why character generation in D&D doesn’t have random tables for social class – basically it will be highly dependent on the DM’s campaign – the setting, government etc, so it’s not sensible to have generic tables
- As an example campaign setting, the World of Greyhawk gets a mention – which wasn’t published till August 1980, one and a half years later
- He mentions that the DMG is practically finished! He thanks a bunch of people
- An article categorising orcish miniatures from various manufacturers
- Varieties of Vampires – a whole bunch of variations from the real world to spice up your campaign
- To Select a Mythos – some suggestions for creating your campaign setting
Out on a Limb letters
- Critique of the new (animated) Lord of the Rings movie – pretty harsh!